Thursday, February 21, 2013

On after work cooking & good wine

It's hard to cook after work, especially if you're in advertising, work late & like to get in a workout.

A good solution is to plan, but, this might not be so easy if you like to cook local, fresh & are not near walkable grocers.

I was lucky tonight. Out by 6ish, which meant I could still local shop @my Korean grocer on Grove & pick up an interesting bottle of wine @my local wine shoppe: Jersey Wine & Spirits on Jersey Aveneue. For almost no $$$, I made a lovely vegetarian quinoa with garlic, onions, tomatoes, carrots, italian parsley, and lemon zest and lemons. A nice accent of coriander seed grounded the dish. No pix of this, although I did brown it in the broiler with some panko & looked beatiful. For my eyes only.

I do have a pix of this lovely Fiano wine.  Gosh, what can I say. It starts out so innocent..a little floral maybe...and then it goes into this minerally world and ends up nutty which reminded me of the hazelnuts I always ate during the Xmas season when I was a kid in Cuba. Am I exagerating...I don't think so...try it!


No comments: