Friday, October 06, 2006

On all things technology and why it takes a man to figure out how to remove the back of a phone handset...

Call me clumsy if you will.

I run, take pilates, and can dance all with pretty good rhythm. So, I'm not entirely uncoordinated.
I'm also pretty strong considering my size.

However, lately, there are some things that just ellude me and frustrate me to no end.

A case in point. I've just installed Vonage (I'm not getting paid for this by the way) in an effort to cut
down on my ridiculous cell phone bill since I've left the full time job.
The installation was pretty simple, since I'm not color blind. (Match the yellow cable to the yellow port, etc.)
What was complicated was the simplest and yet mos elusive
task of all: sliding down on the back of the new phone handset and installing the battery. Why does this
have to be so difficult? Why is it designed for an expert chef's wrist action...or the quickness of a bricklayer?
And why does this have to happen just when you're feeling like you're independent and can install your
own Vonage device without anyone else's assistance?....

All's well that ends well.
Both computer and phone seem to be working together.
Teamwork, what a concept!
Best of all, I can't wait to get on the phone without worrying about those cell gouging daytime minutes.
But, it will have to wait for a rainy day!!!

No comments: